This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
I Want You Two to Know Each Other, Because It's Going to Be a Mind Expanding Experience for Both of You
- Artist: Charles Saxon, American, 1920-1988
- Medium: Ink and crayon on paper mounted to paperboard mat
- Dates: 1968
- Dimensions: sheet: 16 11/16 x 12 in. (42.4 x 30.5 cm) mat (sheet mounted to): 20 1/16 x 15 1/16 in. (51 x 38.3 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in ink at lower right: "Saxon"
- Inscriptions: On recto: title inscribed in graphite at bottom of mat, "'I want you two to know each other, because it's going to / be a mind-expanding experience for both of you.'"; on verso, various numbers and stamps, including stamp in center that reads, "COPYRIGHT 1968 / THE NEW YORKER MAGAZINE ... "
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.103.1
- Credit Line: Gift of the artist
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Charles Saxon (American, 1920-1988). I Want You Two to Know Each Other, Because It's Going to Be a Mind Expanding Experience for Both of You, 1968. Ink and crayon on paper mounted to paperboard mat, sheet: 16 11/16 x 12 in. (42.4 x 30.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the artist, 68.103.1. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)