This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chapter V "The Animal Village," "How the Red Fox Lost His Dinner"
- Portfolio/Series: from the series: "Illustrations for 'The Animal Village', an unpublished manuscript by Charles E. Lord, 68.225.22.
- Artist: Reginald Birch, American, born London, England, 1856-1943
- Medium: Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper
- Dates: 1940
- Dimensions: Sheet: 20 11/16 x 15 3/16 in. (52.5 x 38.6 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in black ink, lower right: "Birch / [circular symbol]"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chap V. 'How the Red Fox lost his dinner'"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.225.10
- Credit Line: Gift of William G. Lord
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Reginald Birch (American, born London, England, 1856-1943). Chapter V "The Animal Village," "How the Red Fox Lost His Dinner," 1940. Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper, Sheet: 20 11/16 x 15 3/16 in. (52.5 x 38.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William G. Lord, 68.225.10. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)