This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chapter IX "The Animal Village," "The Tadpole and the Frog"
- Portfolio/Series: from the series: "Illustrations for 'The Animal Village', an unpublished manuscript by Charles E. Lord, 68.225.22.
- Artist: Reginald Birch, American, born London, England, 1856-1943
- Medium: Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper
- Dates: 1940
- Dimensions: Sheet: 21 1/16 x 16 1/2 in. (53.5 x 41.9 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in black ink, upper left edge of image: "Birch / [circular symbol]" (signature integrated in lines of drawing, inconspicuous)
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chap XI / 'The Tadpole & The Frog.'"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.225.15
- Credit Line: Gift of William G. Lord
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Reginald Birch (American, born London, England, 1856-1943). Chapter IX "The Animal Village," "The Tadpole and the Frog," 1940. Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper, Sheet: 21 1/16 x 16 1/2 in. (53.5 x 41.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William G. Lord, 68.225.15. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)