This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chapter XI "The Animal Village," "The Squid and the Little Black Boy"
- Portfolio/Series: from the series: "Illustrations for 'The Animal Village', an unpublished manuscript by Charles E. Lord, 68.225.22.
- Artist: Reginald Birch, American, born London, England, 1856-1943
- Medium: Black ink on heavy wove paper
- Dates: 1940
- Dimensions: Sheet: 19 1/8 x 14 in. (48.6 x 35.6 cm) Image: 13 1/8 x 9 1/2 in. (33.3 x 24.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chap XI / 'The Squid and the little black-boy'"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.225.17
- Credit Line: Gift of William G. Lord
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Reginald Birch (American, born London, England, 1856-1943). Chapter XI "The Animal Village," "The Squid and the Little Black Boy," 1940. Black ink on heavy wove paper, Sheet: 19 1/8 x 14 in. (48.6 x 35.6 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William G. Lord, 68.225.17. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)