This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chapter XIV "The Animal Village," "A Big Black Dog Came Rushing Out"
- Portfolio/Series: from the series: "Illustrations for 'The Animal Village', an unpublished manuscript by Charles E. Lord, 68.225.22.
- Artist: Reginald Birch, American, born London, England, 1856-1943
- Medium: Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper
- Dates: 1940
- Dimensions: Sheet: 19 13/16 x 14 15/16 in. (50.3 x 37.9 cm) Image: 14 5/8 x 10 3/4 in. (37.1 x 27.3 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in black ink, lower right: "Birch / [circular symbol]"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chap XIV / 'A big, black dog came rushing out.'"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.225.20
- Credit Line: Gift of William G. Lord
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Reginald Birch (American, born London, England, 1856-1943). Chapter XIV "The Animal Village," "A Big Black Dog Came Rushing Out," 1940. Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper, Sheet: 19 13/16 x 14 15/16 in. (50.3 x 37.9 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William G. Lord, 68.225.20. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)