This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
(Abstract Design - Gold, Blue, Black on Mauve Background)
- Artist: Marguerite Thompson Zorach, American, 1887-1968
- Medium: Watercolor on paper mounted to tan paper and then mounted to paperboard
- Dates: 20th century
- Dimensions: Sheet (watercolor): 11 7/16 x 8 in. (29.1 x 20.3 cm) Sheet (tan paper): 11 15/16 x 8 5/8 in. (30.3 x 21.9 cm) Sheet (paperboard): 12 7/16 x 9 1/8 in. (31.6 x 23.2 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: On verso: "Design / M. Zorach / Price $35.00" in ink and "--No 19--" in graphite at upper center; "M2-6" in ball-point pen at lower right; and partial inscription at lower left, cut off and struck through: "sign for silk / [ck + white] / [illegible]"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 70.35.9
- Credit Line: Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Marguerite Thompson Zorach (American, 1887-1968). (Abstract Design - Gold, Blue, Black on Mauve Background), 20th century. Watercolor on paper mounted to tan paper and then mounted to paperboard, Sheet (watercolor): 11 7/16 x 8 in. (29.1 x 20.3 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach, 70.35.9. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (60%)