This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
(Semi-abstract Floral Design - Yellow on Purple Background)
- Artist: Marguerite Thompson Zorach, American, 1887-1968
- Medium: Watercolor over graphite on paper mounted to brown paper
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet (watercolor): 8 5/8 x 8 9/16 in. (21.9 x 21.7 cm) Sheet (backing paper): 13 13/16 x 11 7/16 in. (35.1 x 29.1 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: On verso: "No 7 -- Price $30.00 / Marguerite Zorach. / 123 W. 10th St. / New York. / Design for decorative silk" in ink and graphite in center right; "M2 - 2" in ink at center left (sideways); and "222 (7)" in graphite at lower right
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 70.35.11
- Credit Line: Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Marguerite Thompson Zorach (American, 1887-1968). (Semi-abstract Floral Design - Yellow on Purple Background), n.d. Watercolor over graphite on paper mounted to brown paper, Sheet (watercolor): 8 5/8 x 8 9/16 in. (21.9 x 21.7 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach, 70.35.11. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (60%)