This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
(Figures and Animals and Geometric Designs on Pale Green Background)
- Artist: Marguerite Thompson Zorach, American, 1887-1968
- Medium: Watercolor over graphite on paper mounted to tan paper and then to paperboard
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet (watercolor): 9 15/16 x 9 1/2 in. (25.2 x 24.1 cm) Sheet (tan backing paper): 10 5/16 x 9 13/16 in. (26.2 x 24.9 cm) Sheet (paperboard): 14 x 11 in. (35.6 x 27.9 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Unsigned
- Inscriptions: On recto: "not for sale" and "305.3" in graphite at bottom edge of paperboard On verso (different hands): "Design for silk / Figure design-- / Price $75.00 / Marguerite Zorach / 123 West 10th St. / N.Y." in ink at lower left of paperboard; and "M2-3"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 70.35.12
- Credit Line: Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Marguerite Thompson Zorach (American, 1887-1968). (Figures and Animals and Geometric Designs on Pale Green Background), n.d. Watercolor over graphite on paper mounted to tan paper and then to paperboard, Sheet (watercolor): 9 15/16 x 9 1/2 in. (25.2 x 24.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Tessim Zorach, 70.35.12. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (62%)