This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
A painter, sculptor, educator, and graphic artist, Tom Lias did not achieve the fame of the leading artists of the time. His work nonetheless exemplifies many of the same qualities. Here, Lias unites certain formal characteristics of the period’s painting with the prevalent graphic-design principles in a composition of architectural spaces.
This text refers to these objects: ' 70.113.1; 70.113.3
- Artist: Tom Lias, American, born 1903
- Medium: Color intaglio on light board
- Dates: 1950
- Dimensions: Plate: 11 3/4 x 14 3/4 in. (29.8 x 37.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed, "Tom Lias '50" intaglio
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 70.113.3
- Credit Line: Gift of the Museum of Modern Art
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Tom Lias (American, born 1903). Chaste, 1950. Color intaglio on light board, Plate: 11 3/4 x 14 3/4 in. (29.8 x 37.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of the Museum of Modern Art, 70.113.3. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (65%)