Tureen with Cover and Stand (Tray)
Rows of green-glazed rectangles like these examples tiled the walls of rooms beneath King Djoser's Step Pyramid and another nearby building that was part of his funerary complex. The tiles imitated the hangings of reeds lashed together by horizontal cords that decorated palace walls.
- Medium: Cream ware
- Dates: ca. 1845
- Dimensions: tray: 14 1/2 x 26 13/16 in. (36.8 x 68.1 cm) Tureen with cover: 9 1/2 x 10 1/2 in. (24.1 x 26.7 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Tureen "122/x" Cover "y" Stand with small arrow over a dot and "227"
- Signature: no signatures
- Inscriptions: no inscriiptions
- Collections:Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 73.82a-c
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Frederick Lohman, Jr.
- Rights Statement: Creative Commons-BY
- Caption: Tureen with Cover and Stand (Tray), ca. 1845. Cream ware, tray: 14 1/2 x 26 13/16 in. (36.8 x 68.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Frederick Lohman, Jr., 73.82a-c. Creative Commons-BY
- Record Completeness: Good (70%)