The series opens with spring. Scenes 1 though 42 represent the First to the Third Months, which are considered in Japan to be the spring season. Typically, early spring is marked by the festivities celebrated at the New Year, which begins the season. Blossoming plum trees are associated with the middle of spring, signifying the end of the cold season and the beginning of warm weather.
More about Spring
1. Nihonbashi, Clearing After Snow
3. Hibiya and Soto-Sakurada from Yamashita-Chō
4. Tsukudajima from Eitai Bridge
5. Ryōgoku Ekōin and Moto-Yanagibashi Brid...
6. Hatsune Riding Grounds, Bakuro-chō
7. Cotton-Goods Lane, Ōdenma-chō
9. Yatsukōji, Inside Sujikai Gate
10. Dawn at Kanda Myōjin Shrine
11. Kiyomizu Hall and Shinobazu Pond at Ueno
12. Ueno Yamashita
13. Shitaya Hirokōji
14. Temple Gardens, Nippori
15. Suwa Bluff, Nippori
16. Flower Pavilion, Dango Slope, Sendagi
17. View to the North from Asukayama
18. Ōji Inari Shrine
19. Dam on the Otonashi River at Ōji
20. The Kawaguchi Ferry and Zenkōji Temple
21. Mount Atago, Shiba
22. Furukawa River, Hiroo
23. Chiyogaike Pond, Meguro
24. New Fuji, Meguro
25. Original Fuji, Meguro
26. Armor-Hanging Pine, Hakkeisaka
27. Plum Garden, Kamata
28. Gotenyama, Shinagawa
29. Moto-Hachiman Shrine, Sumamura
30. Plum Estate, Kameido
31. Asuma Shrine and the Entwined Camphor
33. Towboats Along the Yotsugi-dōri Canal
34. Night View of the Matsuchiyama and Sam'ya Can...
35. Suijin Shrine and Massaki on the Sumida River
36. View from Massaki of Suijin Shrine, Uchigawa Inle...
37. Tile Kilns and Hashiba Ferry, Sumida River
38. Dawn Inside the Yoshiwara
39. Distant View of Kinryūzan Temple and Azuma B...
40. Bashō's Hermitage and Camellia Hill on the K...
41. Ichigaya Hachiman Shrine
42. Blossoms on the Tama River Embankment