The winter group, numbers 99 through 118, begins with a scene of Kinryūzan Temple at Akasaka, with a red-on-white color scheme that is reserved for propitious occasions. Snow immediately signals the season and is depicted with particular skill: individual snowflakes drift through the gray sky, while below, on the roof of a distant temple, dots of snow are embossed for visual effect.
More about Winter
99. Kinryūzan Temple, Asakusa
100. Nihon Embankment, Yoshiwara
101. Asakusa Ricefields and Torinomachi Festival
102. Minowa, Kanasugi, Mikawashima
103. Senju Great Bridge
104. Koume Embankment
106. Fukagawa Lumberyards
107. Fukagawa Susaki and Jūmantsubo
108. View of Shiba Coast
109. Minami-Shinagawa and Samezu Coast
110. Robe-Hanging Pine, Senzoku Pond
111. Meguro Drum Bridge and Sunset Hill
112. Atagoshita and Yabu Lane
113. Aoi Slope, Outside Toranomon Gate
114. Bikuni Bridge in Snow
115. Takata Riding Grounds
116. Sugatami Bridge, Omokage Bridge, and Jariba at Ta...
117. Hilltop View, Yushima Tenjin Shrine
118. New Year's Eve Foxfires at the Changing Tree,...