We're committed to making our galleries and facilities accessible to everyone.
- We are fully wheelchair accessible. Check our online and printed Floor Plan for details.
- If you need a wheelchair during your visit, they're available for free at the coat check in the lobby.
- Companions of people with disabilities are admitted for free.
- The parking lot behind the Museum is fully accessible. There's a free, 15-minute grace period for pickups and dropoffs.
- If you need an assistive-listening device, they're available for free at the Visitor Center on the first floor.
We also offer a wide range of services for our visitors of all ages with special needs.
- For those who have low or no vision, guided visits that include verbal descriptions can be scheduled for both adult and school groups, with advance notice. We also offer Sensory Tours, monthly public tours designed to accommodate and engage both sighted and non-sighted visitors. Verbal descriptions of collection highlights are available via Art Beyond Sight.
- For those who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, American Sign Language interpretation for both adult and school group tours can be arranged, with advance notice.
- For those with intellectual disabilities or other special needs, we offer specially tailored guided gallery visits to adult and school groups.
We hope that you'll get in touch with us via email or at (718) 501-6229 if you have questions about any of the above services, or if you'd like to make advance arrangements.