Marketing & Communications Assistant—Marketing & Communications
(Full-time, permanent, non-union position)
Effective administration serves a tremendously strategic role in the successful functioning of our Marketing & Communications department, which is comprised of Marketing, Public Information, Design, Visitor Services, Digital Engagement, and Retail.
Requirements: The ideal candidate must have the following:
- minimum three years of administrative experience;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- detail-oriented and highly organized work style;
- interest in marketing and communications;
- strong research skills;
- proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- ability to interact in an effective, tactful, and professional manner; and
- high ethical standards.
Responsibilities: The Marketing & Communications Assistant is responsibile for the following:
- taking on a large amount of administrative support work with a graceful attitude;
- actively managing the Marketing & Communication Director’s calendar and answer incoming calls;
- routing design projects based on existing processes while also considering and implementing improved systems and processes, in collaboration with other members of the team;
- preparing a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials for the department;
- managing the e-communications calendar and database with the departmental Director;
- maintaining reports for all e-newsletters and other indicators for the department;
- conducting research as needed by the department;
- ordering and maintaining office supplies and stationery;
- proactively supporting the department in effective organization;
- liaising with other departments for various and essential operational tasks and communicating effectively throughout the organization; and
- providing general, cheerful, enthusiastic support throughout the department as requested.
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Work schedule: Full-time, permanent
To apply: Submit your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.