Welcome to our Careers area, where you’ll find a listing of open positions that we regularly update. We’re committed to diversity and equal opportunity in our recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply for the open positions listed below. To apply, see the instructions for the position you’re interested in. Because of the volume of submissions we receive, we can’t respond to every application, but if you’re a potential candidate, we will contact you. To be considered for a position you must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Museum Instructor/Curatorial Assistant—Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art
- Special Projects Manager—Merchandising
- Museum Instructor/Exhibitions Assistant—Exhibitions
- Mellon Fellow: Paintings Conservation—Conservation
- Director—Publications and Interpretation
- Curator, Decorative Arts
- Accounting Clerk—Finance
- Technical Liaison—Technology
- Budget Analyst—Finance
- Assistant, Events and Rentals—Development
- Andrew W. Mellon Curator/Senior Curator of American Art—Arts of the Americas and Europe
Learn from, and work with, experts from all areas of the Brooklyn Museum. As an intern, you’ll be paired with a supervisor and integrated into one of our departments, participating fully in day-to-day workplace activities and projects with the guidance of full-time staff members. In addition to gaining extensive work experience, you’ll have the opportunity to attend seminars that focus on the role of museums in society today, and how they might imagine the future. Opportunities include unpaid positions (with school credit available) and the paid ten-week Summer Fellows Program for undergraduates and recent graduates. (Also, check our ongoing opportunities for teens.) Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org (due to the large volume of applications, only candidates who are being considered will be contacted regarding their application status).