Camp Director (P/T)—Education
(Part-time, non-union, permanent position)
We seek an experienced and forward-thinking museum or camp professional to lead imaginative, mission-inspired, collections- and art-making-focused winter and summer camp programs for diverse youth ages 8–12.
- B.A. or B.F.A. and two to three years of museum education or camp experience
- Teaching and art-making experience working with youth ages 8–12, including developing lesson plans
- Excellent writing, teaching, organizational, and administrative skills, and attention to detail
- Experience coordinating programs, managing budgets, facilitating outreach, and supervising part-time staff, interns, and/or volunteers
- Well versed in social media
- Knowledge of Brooklyn audiences is desirable
- Direct winter and summer camp programs related to our permanent collections and special exhibitions, including art-making in drawing, painting, sculpture, textiles, photography, and animation
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise a part-time staff of teachers
- Collaborate to produce programmatic content
- Work with the marketing team to develop promotional strategies for the program
- Manage the program budget and prepare primary accreditation documents and reporting for all programs
- Support the registration process
- Maintain supplies
Collaboration with other Museum staff is an important component of this position.
Reports to: Family & Community Programs Manager
Starting date: January 2, 2018
Schedule: Part-time (16 hours/month) January–May, with increased hours during camp dates and trainings in February, June, and July
To apply: Please send a cover letter that includes your teaching philosophy, and your résumé, to email@example.com.