Build your résumé while taking an art class free of charge! As a work-study student volunteer, you’ll assist professional teaching artists in classes for students ages six and up, then take your own art class with other teens for free.
- Assist and be mentored by a professional teaching artist (30 hours total)
- Prepare art supplies
- Work one-on-one with students
- Build your communication, group management, and teaching skills
- Take your own free teen art class (valued at $285)
- Earn up to 36 hours of volunteer credit
- Be able to request a letter of recommendation upon completing the program
Apply for the Work-Study Program by September 30.
To apply for the fall, you need to be 1) a high school sophomore, junior, or senior, and 2) able to commit to the activities below:
- Attend all classes during the semester (including the course you assist with and the free class you take)
- Attend the orientation meeting, mid-semester career development, and end-of-semester reflection. All meetings take place on Tuesday afternoons.
Questions? Email us.