Build your résumé while taking an art class free of charge in this internship for teens! As a work-study student volunteer, you’ll assist professional teaching artists in classes for students ages six and up, then take your own art class with other teens for free.
- Learn from and be mentored by a professional teaching artist
- Work one-on-one with students of various ages
- Assist a class by preparing art supplies and keeping the studio clean
- Build and strengthen your communication, group management, and teaching skills
- Take your own free teen art class (valued at $285)
- Earn up to 36 hours of volunteer credit
- Be able to request a letter of recommendation upon completing the program
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school sophomore, junior, or senior, and 2) able to commit to the required activities below:
- Attend all ten weekend sessions of the course you assist with (up to 30 hours)
- Attend all weekend sessions of the free studio class of your choice
- Attend the orientation meeting, mid-semester career development, and end-of-semester reflection. All meetings take place on Thursday afternoons.
How to apply:
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.