In this paid internship, join other New York City teens to immerse yourself in art and art history, and learn about museum education while creating your own lessons for audiences of all ages.
- Meet curators and learn about our collections
- Connect with education staff and get trained to teach from objects in our collections
- Assist with family programs like F.A.M. (Family Art Magic), Creativity Lab, and art-making activities at Target First Saturdays
- Develop tours and teach camp groups over the summer
- Learn about education programming in a museum setting
- Build your communication, planning, and teaching skills
- Strengthen your sense of teamwork, time management, and responsibility
Get paid $13 per hour until December 2018, then $15 per hour starting January 2019. Returning Apprentices will be paid $14 per hour until December 2018, then $16 per hour starting January 2019. Work up to 222 hours for the year!
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school student, 2) at least fourteen years old, and 3) able to commit to the work schedule below, which takes place October through August.
During the 2018–19 school year:
- Thursdays: 5–7 pm
- Saturdays: 2 Target First Saturdays sessions, 4:45–9 pm
- Sundays: 2 F.A.M. (Family Art Magic) workshops, 10 am–4 pm, and 2 Creativity Lab workshops, 3:30–6:30 pm
- Weekends: family events and pop-up talks, to be determined
During summer 2019:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 10 am–4 pm
How to apply:
- Applications for 2018–19 are now closed. Please check back in June 2019 for 2019–20 applications.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.