Salt, Lafayette Boat
- Artist: Boston and Sandwich Glass Company (Maker)
- Medium: Glass
- Geographical Location: Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: ca. 1825
- Dimensions: 1 1/2 x 2 x 3 5/8 in. (3.8 x 5.1 x 9.2 cm)
- Markings: On stern, molded: "B. & S. GLASS. Co"
On inside of bottom and on underside, molded: "SANDWICH"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: On wheel shape on each side, molded: "LAFAYET."
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 21, Shelf C
- Accession Number: 80.248.2
- Image: 80.248.2_acetate_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Colorless pressed glass salt molded into shape of a boat. Scrolled masthead at prow; a round wheel or medallion shape on each side which projects above side of boat, top half contains molded name "LAFAYET." arched over a star, lower half with radiating stripes; stern in flat, hemispherical shape molded with stars and "B. & S." / GLASS. Co". Outer sides of boat decorated with bands of geometric patterns; inside bottom and underside of boat, molded: "SANDWICH".
CONDITION: Fair; several large and small chips along edges, especially top inside edge.