Bowl, Argenta Pattern
- Artist: Wedgwood (Maker)
- Medium: Glazed Earthenware, Silverplate
- Geographical Location: Stoke-on-Trent, England
- Dates: ca. 1885
- Dimensions: 4 1/2 x 9 3/4 x 9 3/4 in. (11.4 x 24.8 x 24.8 cm)
- Markings: Imprinted on metal rim: "J.G & S [Company logo with shield of Cupid with bow and arrow] 550"
Inscribed on metal rim under company initials and logo: "3"
Inscribed on metal rim: "35082"
Imprinted on underside of base: "WEDGWOOD"
Imprinted on underside of base: "040"
Handpainted on underside of base: "M / 3088"
Handpainted on underside of base: "II"
Handwritten in pen on paper label on underside of base: "4626"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 6H13, 5A
- Accession Number: 1999.152.253
- Image: CUR.1999.152.253_view1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2010
Squat, thick-walled polychrome white bowl in the Japanesque style with flat top, straight-sided applied metal rim. Body flares out from rim to midpoint and tapers to molded foot. Overall body with six even scallops. Two opposed similar clusters of six and eight green flowers with yellow centers alternating with molded raised asymmetrical arrangement of green stems with spiky cluster of thin leaves and small clusters of red petaled flowers with yellow centers.
Condition: Very good