"Rocking Beauty" Hobby Horse
- Artist: Gloria Caranica (Designer)
- Medium: Plywood, solid wood, pigment
- Geographical Location: New Jersey, United States
- Dates: designed 1964-1966
- Dimensions: 20 1/4 x 25 1/4 x 11 3/4 in. (51.4 x 64.1 x 29.8 cm)
- Markings: On inside of rectangular wooden stop on bottom, impressed Co. logo at proper right: "CREATIVE/PLAYTHINGS/PRINCETON NJ"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 10, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 2007.38
- Image: 2007.38_threequarter_PS1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2008
An abstracted child's rocking horse composed of two intersecting rectangular pieces of plywood, bent at opposing curves, the lower element slightly wider than the upper one, pierced at an angle by a solid wood shaft secured at the bottom of the lower bent rocking base element and extending through the upper plywood section, topped by a wood sphere painted bright red. A short, low, rectangular seat back attached to upper side of top ply element.