Coffee Pot with Lid and Drip Spout
- Artist: Michael Graves (Designer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: New York, New York, United States
- Dates: Designed 1987; Manufactured 1989-1990
- Dimensions: Coffee Pot & Lid (a & b): 7 x 9 1/4 x 5 3/4 in. (17.8 x 23.5 x 14.6 cm)
Drip Spout (c): 4 x 6 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. (10.2 x 17.1 x 14.6 cm)
Height of Coffee Pot with Drip Spout (a & c): 9 1/4 in. (23.5 cm)
- Markings: (a) On underside of cross-shaped base of coffee pot, printed in maroon in three sections along one crossbar: "FOR PIPING HOT / COFFEE PREHEAT / WITH HOT WATER."; within rectangle, "Swid Powell - The Little Dripper / [illegible facsimile signature of designer] / © MICHAEL GRAVES 1987"
Affixed on other crossbar, purple sticker printed in white: "MADE / IN / JAPAN"
(b) No marks.
(c) On underside of drip spout, printed in maroon: "Swid Powell / © MICHAEL GRAVES 1987"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf I
- Accession Number: 1990.34.1a-c
- Image: 1990.34.1a-c_view1_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Coffee Pot (a) with lid (b) and drip spout / filter (c), porcelain with vitreous glaze, transfer-printed decoration, and gilding. White spherical body (a) with a molded triangular spout and applied c-shaped handle; decorated with three parallel undulating green lines through mid-section, set on a maroon cross-shaped base. The circular, domed lid (b) with gilded spherical finial. Drip spout (c) of conical form with circular base and c-shaped handle. Interior with molded vertical ribs and three holes at bottom; decorated with two parallel undulating green lines through mid-section and gilded rim. Drip spout fits into mouth of body.
CONDITION - Excellent original from manufacture. Some minor surface irregularities.