- Artist: Jose de Creeft
- Medium: Stone, head of black porphory (?) and base of red granite (?)
- Dates: 1938
- Dimensions: Overall: 24 7/16 x 23 3/4 x 14 1/8 in. (62.1 x 60.3 x 35.9 cm)
Head only: 17 x 11 x 9 in. (43.2 x 27.9 x 22.9 cm)
- Signature: Inscribed on back of head, near bottom: "JOSE de CREEfT / 38"
- Collection: American Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H30, 4E
- Accession Number: 1992.11.7a-c
- Image: 1992.11.7_transp437.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Abstracted head of black stone mounted on irregular, trapezoidally shaped reddish stone base. Head is carved from irregularly shaped stone that is roughly hewn to form hair and is flat in back; ovoid face is smoothly polished, squared nose forms continuous, curving profile from forehead to nose, eyes are closed, slanted and asymmetrical, mouth is oval shaped. Base is roughly hewn with jagged edges and is wider in back than in front.