Thermos Pitcher with Base and Lid
- Artist: Henry Dreyfuss (Designer)
- Medium: Aluminum, steel (?), glass, rubber
- Geographical Location: Norwich, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1935
- Dimensions: 7 1/4 x 7 3/8 x 5 5/8 in. (18.4 x 18.7 x 14.3 cm)
- Markings: Molded on underside of base (b): in ring around outer edge, "THE AMERICAN THERMOS BOTTLE CO. / NORWICH, CONN. U.S.A." and, in center, "THE ONLY / THERMOS / REG. U.S. PAT. OFFICE / No 549 / VACUUM BOTTLE / DESIGNED BY / [in script, facsimile signature] Henry Dreyfuss."
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf L
- Accession Number: 83.108.3a-c
- Image: 83.108.3_83.108.4_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Insulated pitcher (a) with base (b) and lid (c). (a) Elongated hemispherical rust-colored enamel body with chromed metal strap handle and oval chromed neck. (b) Aluminum base has four striations and unscrews. (c) Aluminum lid has molded drop and bar on underside with inserted rubber hemisphere to fit into mouth and pouring channel of pitcher.
CONDITION: (a) Metal parts have bubbling and nicks throughout. Enameled body with numerous scuffs and scratches, the most noticeable directly below front of spout and to proper right of handle on side. (b) Bubbling and wear throughout. (c) Top with line of bubbling, rubber on underside dried out with some corrosion.