Doña María de la Luz Padilla y Gómez de Cervantes
- Artist: Attributed to Nicolás Enríquez
- Medium: Oil on canvas
- Geographical Location: Mexico
- Dates: ca. 1735
- Dimensions: Oval: 35 3/8 x 26 in. (89.9 x 66 cm)
frame: 43 1/16 x 33 1/2 x 3 11/16 in. (109.4 x 85.1 x 9.4 cm)
- Inscriptions: Lower left: "D.a Maria de la Luz Josepha de Padilla y Cervantes."
- Collection: American Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 24, SCR A
- Accession Number: 52.166.3
- Image: "Detail", CONS.52.166.3_xrs_detail04.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Dona Maria de la Luz Padilla y Cervantes (1732-1789).
An oil painting by an unknown artist which shows Dona Maria as a child of three years old. In this oval portrait she is dressed typically in adult clothes. Her dress is red and blue trimmed with lace. She holds a bunch of red carnations in her left hand and a fan in her right hand. In the right side of the picture is a stool with a blue cover and gold fringe on which is quarter view facing the right side.
Condition: good with some small dotted scratches.