Chain with Figures
- Artist: Kongo (Sundi subgroup) (Culture)
- Medium: Iron, wood, fiber, glass mirror, bird beaks, duiker horns, cloth, medicinal material
- Geographical Location: Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Dates: late 19th or early 20th century
- Dimensions: 21 1/2in. (54.6cm)
Other: 21 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 2in. (54.6 x 16.5 x 5.1cm)
Other: 1 x 6 1/4 x 1 3/4in. (2.5 x 15.9 x 4.4cm)
Other: 2in. (5.1cm)
- Collection: Arts of Africa
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H7, 6C
- Accession Number: 22.1431
- Image: CUR.22.1431_front_PS5.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2009
Two standing wooden figures, heads and bodies bearing medicine, attached to heavy-linked iron chain, probably from large power figure. Each figure has woven cloth wrapped around lower torso beneath medicine pack covered with glass mirror. Chain hung with padlocks, keys, duiker horns (medicine filled), bird beaks (articulated), etc.
Condition: Mirrors broken, body cracked.