- Artist: Utagawa Hiroshige (Ando)
- Medium: Woodblock print
- Geographical Location: Japan
- Dates: 1833-34 or later
- Period: Edo period
- Dimensions: 9 3/8 x 14 1/4 in. (23.8 x 36.2 cm)
- Markings: Censor seal: in left margin (unusual edition)
- Signature: Hiroshige ga, lower right
- Collection: Asian Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 2N12, A507
- Accession Number: 79.253.10
- Image: 79.253.10_IMLS_PS3.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
First image from the series "53 Stations of the Tokaido." Depicts the activities along Nihonbashi bridge in Edo. Several versions of this image exist, all apparently designed by Hiroshige. This is a somewhat later version, including additional figures in the foreground for a more crowded composition.
Condition: Trimmed at lower border. Surface rubbed.