Salt, Lafayette Boat
- Medium: Glass
- Geographical Location: Sandwich, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: ca. 1825-1830
- Dimensions: 1 7/16 x 3 1/2 x 2 in. (3.7 x 8.9 x 5.1 cm)
- Markings: On stern, molded: "B. & S. GLASS. Co"
On inside of bottom and on underside, molded: "SANDWICH"
- Inscriptions: On wheel shape on each side, molded: "LAFAYET."
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 21, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 40.231
- Image: 40.231.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Colorless pressed glass salt molded into shape of a boat. Scrolled masthead at prow; a round wheel or medallion shape on each side which projects above side of boat, top half contains molded name "LAFAYET." arched over a star, lower half with radiating stripes; stern in flat, hemispherical shape molded with stars and "B. & S." / GLASS. Co". Outer sides of boat decorated with bands of geometric patterns; inside bottom and underside of boat, molded: "SANDWICH".