- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: 1760-1790
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 8 7/8 x 8 7/8 in. (1.6 x 22.5 x 22.5 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom, left to right:
(1) partially struck stamp [indistinct at top and bottom] consisting of two columns supporting arch inscribed with indistinct letters, columns stand on rectangular base inscribed with indistinct letters [seems to read "SKINNER"]; within archway, prancing creature with dragon's head and lion's body
(2) "L" under fleur-de-lis and "W" under fleur-de-lis
(3) row of four small, square stamps containing "I.S"; indistinct [perhaps seated allegorical figure?]; dragon head; indistinct stamp
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 42.278.5
- Image: 42.278.5.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Circular, highly polished pewter plate with flat rim.
CONDITION: Fair; shows heavy use; all-over scratches, pit mark, and large spots of discoloration; tarnished.