- Artist: Nathaniel Austin (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Charlestown, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: 1763-1807
- Dimensions: 1/2 x 8 7/8 x 8 7/8 in. (1.3 x 22.5 x 22.5 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom:
(1) partially struck stamp: simple arch supported by two columns with American eagle and crest in center
(2) row of four hallmarks, several illegible (either partially struck or badly worn), from left to right: "N.A"; illegible [possibly seated allegorical figure]; bird in profile; illegible [possibly head of creature]
Affixed below hallmarks, white rectangular sticker with "174" written in blue ink and crossed out.
Old museum label on underside next to marks, old white paper affixed with tape, partially torn, typed: "PLATE / Nathaniel Austin / Charlestown, Mass. 1763-1807 / 45.10.7 Poole Collection"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.7
- Image: 45.10.7.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round pewter plate with wide, flat, smooth rim and incised line around center.
CONDITION: Poor; heavy pitting and scratches all over; spots of dark discoloration; bottom bent / misshapen; two dark rectangular outlines (tape residue?) in center; small blob of foreign substance on inner edge of rim.