Candlestick (One of a Pair)
- Artist: Morey and Smith (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Dates: 1857-1860
- Dimensions: 7 1/4 x 3 7/8 x 3 7/8 in. (18.4 x 9.8 x 9.8 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom:
(1) "MORBY & SMITH" in arch, outlined with serrated border; ends of border touch next stamp
(2) "WARRANTED / […]OSTON" outlined with serrated border
(3) "2" outlined with serrated border
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 20, Shelf G
- Accession Number: 45.10.28
- Image: 45.10.28.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Pewter candlestick, heavy. Round stepped-dome base rises to shaft with several bulbous and pointed disks above and below a central ovoid form; shaft supports the thick, cylindrical bôbeche that tapers toward top and flares out into a wide rim with rounded edge. Of a pair with 45.10.29.
CONDITION: Good; few dings and large pit marks; overall tarnish; heavy scratches around bôbeche, especially on inside.