- Artist: Jacob Whitmore (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Middletown, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1758-1790
- Dimensions: 1 5/8 x 13 1/4 x 13 1/4 in. (4.1 x 33.7 x 33.7 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside:
(1) partially impressed or badly worn oval shaped stamp with crown atop rose in center, "[JACOB]" in banner around top edge, and "WHITMO[RE]" in banner around lower edge
(2) identical to and placed next to stamp #1; "[JACOB]" AND "[WHITMORE]" (neither name legible
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1B
- Accession Number: 45.10.59
- Image: 45.10.59.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round, highly polished deep pewter dish with wide rim that curves upward slightly at edge; incised line around edge of rim.
CONDITION: Good; allover scratches and pit marks; a few areas of yellowish discoloration (corrosion?) in center.