- Artist: Thomas Danforth III (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Stepney, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1777-1800
- Dimensions: 2 1/4 x 9 1/8 x 9 1/8 in. (5.7 x 23.2 x 23.2 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, from top to bottom:
(1) & (2) two identical partially impressed circular stamps, placed side-by-side, containing a lion rampant whose legs are flanked by "T" on one side and "D" on the other.
(3) row of four small squarish hallmarks containing, from left to right: "T.D"; seated allegorical figure; [unidentified]; upright sword
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 20, Shelf P
- Accession Number: 45.10.107
- Image: 45.10.107.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round pewter basin; rises from flat bottom to slightly flaring sides and narrow, everted rim with incised band in center.
CONDITION: Fair; allover tarnish, scratches, and pit marks.