- Artist: John Will (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: New York, New York, United States
- Dates: 1752-1763
- Dimensions: 5/8 x 8 3/8 x 8 3/8 in. (1.6 x 21.3 x 21.3 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside, partially struck stamps arranged in a circle, clockwise from top left:
(1) & (2) Identical oval stamps containing standing figure of Justice, holding scales in proper right hand and sword in proper left, "I" below scales and "W" below sword. In both stamps, top part of mark -- head of Justice -- is illegible.
(3) "IOHN WIL[L]"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 1A
- Accession Number: 45.10.145
- Image: 45.10.145.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Round pewter plate with wide rim that curves upward at edge. Incised line around rim, about 1/4" from edge, and around center.
CONDITION: Fair; scratches and heavy pitting all over; few small dings in center.