Figurine of a Female
- Artist: Coptic (Culture)
- Medium: Terracotta, slipped and painted
- Geographical Location: Egypt
- Dates: 6th-7th century C.E.
- Dimensions: 5 1/4 x 3 1/16 x 1 11/16 in. (13.4 x 7.8 x 4.3 cm)
- Collection: Egyptian, Classical, Ancient Near Eastern Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 3MZM12, 10E
- Accession Number: 16.160
- Image: CUR.16.160_view1_ICA.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph (in collaboration with Index of Christian Art, Princeton University), Nov 30, 2006
Small terra cotta figurine. Hollow; cylindrical below. Modelled and painted in orange-red with buff-colored tunic with black decorations. Breasts modelled in high relief, amulet (?) suspended around neck. Headdress of high triangular form pierced in 3 places. On reverse is incised palm branch running lengthwise.
Condition: General condition good, surface somewhat stained, very slight chips around base