This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
One of Five-Piece "Malitte" Cushion System
- Artist: Roberto Matta, Chilean, 1911-2002
- Maker: Gavina [Distributed in the USA by Knoll Intl., Inc.], ca. 1970
- Medium: Plush jersey, polyurethane foam
- Place Manufactured: Milan, Italy
- Dates: designed 1966, manufactured ca. 1970
- Dimensions: 27 x 48 x 25 in. (68.6 x 121.9 x 63.5 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: no marks
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collections:Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 78.128.2
- Credit Line: Gift of Knoll International, Inc.
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Roberto Matta (Chilean, 1911-2002). One of Five-Piece "Malitte" Cushion System, designed 1966, manufactured ca. 1970. Plush jersey, polyurethane foam, 27 x 48 x 25 in. (68.6 x 121.9 x 63.5 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Knoll International, Inc., 78.128.2. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Five-piece "Malitte" cushion system. Five polyurethane foam forms upholstered in a plush jersey fabric: four in red and one in dark blue, the forms can be displayed together as a vertical stack, or taken apart and used as a variety of seat forms. The red pieces (.1-.4) have a flat underside, two flat sides, and two sides of varied ovoid forms. The blue piece (.5) has two flat ends and is of ovoid outline. Designed by Roberto Sebastian Matta, made by Gavina (c.1970), distributed in the United States by Knoll International, Inc. CONDITION - New.
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)