This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Drift in Spring
- Artist: James D. Havens, American, 1900-1960
- Medium: Woodcut
- Dates: 1944
- Dimensions: Sheet: 12 7/8 x 14 15/16 in. (32.7 x 38 cm) Image: 9 5/16 x 11 5/8 in. (23.6 x 29.5 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed, "James D. Havens" in graphite, lower right
- Inscriptions: "To Norman Kent from Jim--It's big Norm, but is it any good! I don't like it, and I hope some day to re-work it. For right now it seems a waste of this lovely Jap. etching paper-- of which my supply is very low--small prints now, for the duration--anyway, ots fun using multiple on plank gum, only with the grain. J.D.H."
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 80.221
- Edition: 23/30
- Credit Line: Gift of Norman and June Kraeft
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: James D. Havens (American, 1900-1960). Drift in Spring, 1944. Woodcut, Sheet: 12 7/8 x 14 15/16 in. (32.7 x 38 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Norman and June Kraeft, 80.221. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (55%)