This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chain of Pearls (Proposal for ACE Gallery), Drawing in 2 Parts
- Artist: Dennis Oppenheim, American, 1938-2011
- Medium: Graphite, colored pencil, watercolor on radiator paint on paper
- Dates: 1981
- Dimensions: 38 1/4 x 45 3/4 in. (97.2 x 116.2 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed lower right edge in graphite: "Dennis Oppenheim, 1981"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed lower right in graphite: "CHAIN OF PEARLS - Proposal for ACE Gallery, Vancouver, Canada, 1981. 1000' x 20' x 80'/Magnesium flares, class c aerial rockets, sparklers, gun powder, wax, motorized spinning silver tops, mobile reflector shields, conveyor belts. Arclight, welding arc, butane torches, French horns, class A rockets directed through three skylights. (Not shown)"
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 83.258.5
- Credit Line: Gift of Jonathan A. Berg
- Rights Statement: © Dennis Oppenheim
- Caption: Dennis Oppenheim (American, 1938-2011). Chain of Pearls (Proposal for ACE Gallery), Drawing in 2 Parts, 1981. Graphite, colored pencil, watercolor on radiator paint on paper, 38 1/4 x 45 3/4 in. (97.2 x 116.2 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Jonathan A. Berg, 83.258.5. © Dennis Oppenheim
- Record Completeness: Adequate (56%)