This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Young Girl with Bouquet
- Artist: Oscar Miestchaninoff, American, born Russia, 1886-1956
- Medium: Bronze
- Dates: 1924
- Dimensions: 29 1/8 x 12 7/8 x 12 1/8 in. (74 x 32.7 x 30.8 cm) (show scale)
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is on view in Luce Visible Storage and Study Center, 5th Floor
- Accession Number: 58.182
- Credit Line: Gift of Mrs. Oscar Miestchaninoff
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Oscar Miestchaninoff (American, born Russia, 1886-1956). Young Girl with Bouquet, 1924. Bronze, 29 1/8 x 12 7/8 x 12 1/8 in. (74 x 32.7 x 30.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of Mrs. Oscar Miestchaninoff, 58.182. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Figure of young woman modelled with simplified forms; body is truncated below knees and is set on square plinth; she stands in a contrapposto pose with proper left leg forward and holds bouquet of roses in front of her abdomen; wears simple sleeveless dress that falls in fluted drapery folds around legs; has small head with hair pulled into braid at nape of neck. Condition: Good.
- Record Completeness: Good (76%)