This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Seeking the Witness
- Artist: Joel Fisher, American
- Medium: Bronze
- Place Made: United States
- Dates: 1990
- Dimensions: 10 x 8 1/4 x 6 1/2 in. (show scale)
- Collections:Contemporary Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 1990.162
- Credit Line: 1990 New York State Governor's Arts Award to The Brooklyn Museum, administered by the New York State Counil on the Arts
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Joel Fisher (American). Seeking the Witness, 1990. Bronze, 10 x 8 1/4 x 6 1/2 in. Brooklyn Museum, 1990 New York State Governor's Arts Award to The Brooklyn Museum, administered by the New York State Counil on the Arts, 1990.162. © artist or artist's estate
- Catalogue Description: Simplified figurative sculpture. Appears as if a lone figure is looking at their reflection in a simplified organic mirror (the surface of a 'stump') The bronze has an overall black patina with the exception of the high-polished mirror-like area. Has credit/commemoration on the back citing "1990 New York State Governor's Arts Award, Brooklyn Museum"
- Record Completeness: Good (73%)