This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
[Untitled] (Illustration for the Poem "L'Après-midi d'un Faune")
- Portfolio/Series: accompanies the book "Poésies de Stéphane Malarmé"
- Artist: Henri Matisse, French, 1869-1954
- Medium: Etching on wove paper
- Dates: 1932
- Dimensions: Sheet: 13 1/16 x 9 7/8 in. (33.2 x 25.1 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Stamped verso lower right in brown ink: "Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, N.Y."
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 36.67.17
- State: First state
- Credit Line: Carll H. de Silver Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Henri Matisse (French, 1869-1954). [Untitled] (Illustration for the Poem "L'Après-midi d'un Faune"), 1932. Etching on wove paper, Sheet: 13 1/16 x 9 7/8 in. (33.2 x 25.1 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Carll H. de Silver Fund, 36.67.17. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (54%)