This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Frontispiece: The Sphinx
- Portfolio/Series: from the book: "Oedipus"
- Artist: Kurt Seligmann, Swiss, 1900-1962
- Publishers: Durlacher Bros.; R. Kirk Askew Jr.
- Medium: Etching on wove, handmade rag paper
- Dates: 1944
- Dimensions: 22 5/8 x 15 3/8 in. (57.5 x 39.0 cm) (show scale)
- Markings: Watermarks: Whatman
- Signature: Signed lower right margin in pencil: "K Seligmann"
- Collections:European Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 44.43.1
- Edition: Edition: 12/50
- Credit Line: Carll H. de Silver Fund
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Kurt Seligmann (Swiss, 1900-1962). Frontispiece: The Sphinx, 1944. Etching on wove, handmade rag paper, 22 5/8 x 15 3/8 in. (57.5 x 39.0 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Carll H. de Silver Fund, 44.43.1. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Adequate (55%)