This image is presented as a "thumbnail" because it is protected by copyright. The Brooklyn Museum respects the rights of artists who retain the copyright to their work.
Chapter VI "The Animal Village," "Isabel Monkey Hiding Behind Her Bush"
- Portfolio/Series: from the series: "Illustrations for 'The Animal Village', an unpublished manuscript by Charles E. Lord, 68.225.22.
- Artist: Reginald Birch, American, born London, England, 1856-1943
- Medium: Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper
- Dates: 1940
- Dimensions: 22 x 17 1/4 in. (55.9 x 43.8 cm) (show scale)
- Signature: Signed in black ink, lower right: "Birch / [circular symbol]"
- Inscriptions: Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Chap VI / 'Isabel Monkey hiding behind a bush watching the cave.'"
- Collections:American Art
- Museum Location: This item is not on view
- Accession Number: 68.225.11
- Credit Line: Gift of William G. Lord
- Rights Statement: © artist or artist's estate
- Caption: Reginald Birch (American, born London, England, 1856-1943). Chapter VI "The Animal Village," "Isabel Monkey Hiding Behind Her Bush," 1940. Black ink with touches of white correction fluid on heavy wove paper, 22 x 17 1/4 in. (55.9 x 43.8 cm). Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William G. Lord, 68.225.11. © artist or artist's estate
- Record Completeness: Good (72%)