Adult Learning Teaching Assistant [Vitality Arts] (P/T, Temporary)—Education
The Brooklyn Museum seeks a highly motivated assistant to work with Vitality Art classes for older adults at a Brooklyn senior center. The assistant will focus on providing general support for the program and studio support for the teaching artist, tidying the studios, and fielding inquiries from participants.
- Experience teaching adults and/or assisting in art classes
- Excellent communication, group management, and teaching skills
- Documented good attendance and punctuality
- Familiarity with art-making materials and processes
- Bilingual in English and Cantonese
- Assist instructor as needed in delivering art classes
- Write weekly reports for Associate Manager of Adult Learning and Codirector of Education
- Prepare art supplies and organize supply storage
- Work one-on-one with students in art classes
- Provide administrative support to staff, including printing materials, submitting work orders, and writing reports
Start date: August 1, 2023
End date: December 1, 2023
Reports to: Associate Manager of Adult Learning
Position type: Part-time, temporary
Union status: Union—UAW Local 2110
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Salary: $60/hour to support class facilitation for eight two-hour classes and two hour-long info sessions, in addition to up to an hour of prep/clean-up per session; and $60/hour for any planning or reflection meetings with the team and to support culminating event (date/time TBD). Additional reimbursement available for travel to and from site as needed to transport supplies.
- August 21 and 28, 1–2 pm
- September 11, 18, 25, 1–3 pm
- October 2, 16, 23, 30, 1–3 pm
- November 6, 1–3 pm
- Final event date/time TBD
Submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest as a single PDF, as well as a portfolio link.
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
At the Brooklyn Museum, we value all types of experience. For us, a successful candidate has many of the qualities listed in our job postings, and the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job. So if much, but not all, of a job posting describes you, then we welcome your application.