Manager, Member Experience—Membership
Our Membership program is poised for rapid growth as the Museum prepares to present a series of exhibitions highlighting both our mission and our serious commitment to social justice. To meet this expansion, we are recruiting a Membership Manager who will produce Member programs and events, strategize to increase on-site sales and visibility, and ensure that the on-site and online Member experience surpasses expectations.
- High-school diploma (college degree preferred)
- Five years of experience working in role focused on audiences, customers, or membership
- Experience managing and producing creative and engaging events and programs that appeal to a diverse audience
- Enthusiasm for realizing the Museum’s mission and creating a welcoming environment for all Members and visitors
- Capacity to thrive in a large, complex organization and the ability to perform effectively and with grace under pressure
- Resourcefulness and the ability to develop solutions with limited resources
- Facility with evaluation and reporting
- Superior time-management skills and persistence, and the capacity to handle multiple tasks with ease
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with a customer relationship management system (CRM) and ticketing software is highly desirable
- Membership experience:
- Work closely with the Visitor Experience and Engagement department, which manages front-of-house staff; the Museum Shop; and the Web and Digital Communications teams to ensure a seamless experience throughout the Museum’s spaces, both digital and physical
- Train staff from various departments on the fundamentals and importance of Membership
- Set on-site Membership sales goals to convert more visitors into Members, and strategize with the Director of Membership to meet and exceed those goals
- Highlight the Membership program through the strategic placement of signage throughout the Museum
Events and programs:
- Create a portfolio of meaningful Member programs and events that aligns with the Museum’s mission and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) values
- Produce ten to twelve Member programs and events per year, including Members-only viewing hours and curator-led tours
- Collaborate with the Special Events and Rentals team on exhibition previews and openings
- Supervise and mentor the Membership Assistant to ensure the administrative success of Membership programs and events, including but not limited to:
- Drafting invitations and online listings for all Member programs and events
- Managing event budgets and logistics
- Develop a comprehensive customer-service strategy for phone and email, with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction and retention; resolve Member issues when necessary
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Membership
Position type: Full-time
Union status: Union—UAW Local 2110
FLSA status: Exempt
Schedule: 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, occasional weekend and evening hours required.
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
At the Brooklyn Museum, we value all types of experience. For us, a successful candidate has many of the qualities listed in our job postings, and the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job. So if much, but not all, of a job posting describes you, then we welcome your application.