The Brooklyn Museum seeks a Network Administrator to work with the Senior Network Administrator and the Help Desk in supporting all facets of the Museum’s computer network and its end users. This role is responsible for staying abreast of new technology, industry standards, and best-practice security, and applying these findings to meet the Museum’s needs. We are looking for a candidate who has broad knowledge of a Microsoft Windows environment, including Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft 365.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server environments, Active Directory on Prem, Azure AD (Entra), Microsoft Exchange Online, and Microsoft 365 Suite
- Experience with MDM products such as JAMF and Intune
- Experience supporting Windows and Mac users on Windows Active Directory
- Fundamental understanding of networking protocols, firewalls, and network security
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting multiple users and servers in a production environment and supporting machines in a networked environment configured with Group Policy
- Experience with data backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Experience with VMware or another workload virtualization technology
- Ability to multitask and provide good customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to pursue goals without daily supervision
- Work with the Senior Network Administrator to configure, maintain, and upgrade all elements of the Museum’s technology infrastructure, including on-site servers, switches, security appliances, and storage devices
- Write and maintain up-to-date documentation of the network infrastructure and procedures
- Train additional support staff on Museum technology policies, procedures, and best practices
- Work with the Senior Network Administrator to maintain patch schedule, MDR/XDR, and local firewalls for desktops and servers
- Maintain Active Directory structure, security, and group policy
- Create and update windows scripts as necessary
- Serve as point of escalation for complex Help Desk issues
- Work directly with the Senior Network Administrator on the implementation of policies, procedures, and best practices
- Configure system backups and perform tape rotations, backup verifications, and restores
- Move computer and printer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs. to facilitate equipment installation or relocations
- Additional duties as assigned
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Director of Technology
Position type: Full-time
Grade and salary: G - $79,560
Union status: Union—UAW Local 2110
FLSA status: Exempt
Schedule: 35 hours per week, Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours for emergencies and upgrades. The Network Administrator will participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support. Punctuality is critical.
If you have questions about our online application system, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the Brooklyn Museum, we value all types of experience. For us, a successful candidate has many of the qualities listed in our job postings, and the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job. If much, but not all, of a job posting describes you, then we welcome your application.