Shop Sales Associate (P/T)
- Minimum one year in retail sales, preferably at a gift shop
- Deliver a high level of customer service
- Familiarity with cashiering duties, and ability to learn and execute tasks using retail computer systems
- Ability to work courteously and efficiently with the public and to provide helpful information about the Museum and its merchandise to customers
- Able to perform physical tasks as needed including lifting at least 30 lbs
- Strong verbal, organizational, and communication skills
- Maintains a highly professional and positive presence on the sales floor
- Proactively engage with customers to make recommendations to drive conversion and sales and create a memorable customer experience
- Ensure inventory is restocked on a daily basis and work with the Visual Merchandise Manager to maintain shop floor standards
- Handle money and cashiering functions, including opening and closing the system and keeping records
- Uphold the Brooklyn Museum Shop standards, policies and procedures as well as proactively connect to the Museum to support a holistic visitor experience
Start date: Immediately
Reports to: Store Manager
Position type: Part-time
Union status: Union- UAW Local 2110
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Three to four shifts per week, Wednesday through Sunday, 10:30 am-6:30 pm, with hours subject to change for events in the Shop. This is a temporary position through the run of Virgil Abloh: Figures of Speech, November 19, 2021–June 19, 2022.
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
At the Brooklyn Museum, we value all types of experience. For us, a successful candidate has many of the qualities listed in our job postings, and the desire and capacity to learn the rest on the job. So if much, but not all, of a job posting describes you, then we welcome your application.