Build your résumé while taking an art class free of charge! As a work-study student volunteer, you’ll assist professional teaching artists in classes for students ages six through twelve, and then take your own art class with other teens, for free.
- Assist and be mentored by a professional teaching artist (for 30 hours)
- Prepare art supplies
- Work one-on-one with students
- Build your communication, group management, and teaching skills
- Take your own free teen art class (valued at $285)
- Earn up to 36 hours of volunteer credit
- Be able to request a letter of recommendation once you successfully complete the program
Apply for the work-study program. The application deadline is January 22.
To apply for the spring, you will need to be 1) a high school sophomore, junior, or senior and 2) able to commit to the activities below:
- Attend all classes in the semester (including the course you assist with and the free class you take)
- Attend the orientation meeting, mid-semester career development, and end-of-semester reflection (all meetings take place on Tuesday afternoons)
Questions? Email us.