Build your résumé while taking an art class free of charge in this internship for teens! As a work-study student volunteer, you’ll assist professional teaching artists in classes for students ages six and up, then take your own art class with other teens for free.
- Assist and be mentored by a professional teaching artist
- Prepare art supplies
- Work one-on-one with students
- Build your communication, group management, and teaching skills
- Take your own free teen art class (valued at $285)
- Earn up to 36 hours of volunteer credit
- Be able to request a letter of recommendation upon completing the program
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school sophomore, junior, or senior, and 2) able to commit to the activities below:
- Attend all ten sessions of the course you assist (30 hours total)
- Attend all sessions of the free studio class of your choice
- Attend the orientation meeting (March 5), mid-semester career development (March 13, March 19, and May 1), and end-of-semester reflection (May 21).
How to apply:
Applications for spring 2020 are now closed. Please check back to apply for future programs.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.