In this paid internship, New York City teens immerse themselves in art and art history, and learn about museum education while creating their own lessons for audiences of all ages.
Note: We are not accepting new applications for fall 2020.
- Meet artists and curators to learn about art and our collections
- Discuss critical topics in the field of museum education, such as working with the public school system and the role of museums in social justice movements
- Connect with education staff and get trained on how to teach from artworks, to people of all ages and abilities
- Assist with family programs like F.A.M. (Family Art Magic), including our new virtual family engagements
- Develop tours and teach camp groups over the summer
- Learn about education programming in a museum setting, and work to make connections between art and our world
- Build public speaking, lesson planning, research, and teaching skills
- Strengthen their communication, collaboration, and organizational skills, as well as a sense of time management and responsibility
While we are unable to accept new Museum Apprentices this year, there are plenty of opportunities to get involved! Join our email list to learn more about free arts programming planned by our returning teen staff, and follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram. Check back in spring 2021 for updates on next year.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.