In this paid internship, join other New York City teens to immerse yourself in art and art history, and learn about museum education while creating your own lessons for audiences of all ages.
- Meet curators and learn about our collections
- Connect with education staff and get trained to teach from objects in our collections
- Assist with family programs like F.A.M. (Family Art Magic) and art-making activities at First Saturdays
- Develop tours and teach camp groups over the summer
- Learn about education programming in a museum setting
- Build your communication, planning, and teaching skills
- Strengthen your sense of teamwork, time management, and responsibility
Get paid $15 per hour. Returning Apprentices will be paid $16 per hour. Work up to 222 hours for the year!
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school student, 2) at least 14 years old, and 3) able to commit to the work schedule below, which takes place November through August.
During the 2019–20 school year:
- Thursdays: 5–7 pm
- Saturdays: 2 First Saturdays sessions, 4:45–9 pm
- Sundays: 2 F.A.M. (Family Art Magic) workshops, 10 am–4 pm, and 2 Creativity Lab workshops, 3:30–6:30 pm
- Weekends: family events and pop-up talks, to be determined
During summer 2020:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 10 am–4 pm
How to apply:
Please check back in June to apply for fall 2020.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.