Our Teen Council is a small group of youth organizers ages 18–22, who have previously completed at least one Brooklyn Museum teen internship. Teen Council members plan and lead events for current teen staff and alumni, contribute to ongoing programs and initiatives, conduct outreach for all of our teen events, and help expand the impact of our BkM Teens community.
In 2020–21, the Teen Council will be joined by returning members of our other teen internships (Museum Apprentice Program, InterseXtions, and Teen Night Planning Committee), ages 14–19. The Council will work collaboratively in a new format to:
- Build a global community of creative youth online
- Share readings and lead discussions related to our time of global crisis
- Provide resources for youth of color and LGBTQ+, working-class, and immigrant teens to express themselves through art
- Plan events for our community of young people on art, activism, and education
- Promote and do outreach to teens all over the city
- Make connections with Museum staff across departments, as well as artists, programmers, and other leaders in the field
- Strengthen their communication, critical thinking, public speaking, and networking skills
- Create an environment of art and civic engagement for our community
To learn more about our free arts programming planned by BkM Teens, Join our email list or follow #bkmteens on Facebook and Instagram.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.